Check this spreadsheet for current module lead times as well as your estimated ship date for an order you have already placed: Swerve Module Lead Times
This kit is for those who already own MK3 modules and would like to upgrade them to the wider wheel used on the MK4 Swerve Module. More information on the MK4 Swerve Module can be found on the MK4's product page.
- Because the bevel gears used on the MK4 and MK3 Swerve Modules are different ratios, installing this kit will result in a 33% increase in free speed. A MK3's Standard gearing will become equivalent to the MK4's L3 gearing, and a MK3's Fast gearing will become equivalent to the MK4's L4 gearing. To maintain similar gearing, the first and second stage gears will need to be changed.
- This kit ships with the V2 Intermediate Shaft (and e-clip), as it is compatible with the adjacent parts of the MK3 Swerve Module.
Also, this kit includes only the parts needed to upgrade to the wider wheel. It does not fully convert the MK3 to a MK4, as the MK4 contains additional updates, such as a wider steering belt and screwless Intermediate Shaft. Specifically, the following would additionally be needed to fully convert to a MK4:
- Belt, Timing, HTD 320-5M-15
- Pulley, Base (MK3/4/4i)
- Shaft, Steering (MK2/3/4)
- Shaft, Intermediate (MK4/4i) (version V3)
- Bearing, 6802ZZ