Check this spreadsheet for current lead times.
The conversion kit includes only the parts for a like motor (and motor shaft) conversion. Converting from MK4 to MK4i and for a different motor (or shaft) also requires ordering the MK4i Pinion Gear Kit for the new motors. For instance:
- To convert a NEO MK4 Swerve Module to a NEO MK4i Swerve Module, order just the NEO configuration of the conversion kit.
- To convert a NEO MK4 Swerve Module to a Kraken X60 MK4i Swerve Module, order any configuration of the conversion kit, as well as the Kraken X60 MK4i Pinion Gear Kit.
- The NEO Vortex kit works for the NEO Vortex motors with the 8mm keyed shaft.
- The Falcon 500 kit is primarily for the Falcon 500 motor. It can also work for the NEO Vortex motor with the Falcon spline shaft, but the shaft spacers are not included (they are supplied with the Falcon motors), and the Semicircle Spacer kit is also needed.
Effective 30-Jun-2023 at 12:01 am PT, the six mounting holes/screws in the MK4i Swerve Module for attaching it to the drivetrain frame will change from using 8-32 screws to 10-32 screws. Details:
- The change enables the swerve module to be directly mounted to commonly available 2' x 1" aluminum tubing with pre-drilled 10-32 clearance holes (example: MAXTube).
- If you placed an order before the above effectivity date/time and would like the 10-32 mounting option, please contact us with your order number to request the change.
- If you place an order after the above effectivity date/time and would like the 8-32 mounting option, please contact us with your order number to request the change.
This kit is for those who have MK4 modules and would like to convert them to MK4i modules.
This conversion kit is compatible with L1, L2, and L3 gearing MK4 modules. It will not work with L4 gearing MK4 modules.
Depending on the vintage of your MK4 Swerve Module, this conversion kit may not include all of the parts to result in the latest MK4i Swerve Module setup. For instance, earlier MK4 Swerve Modules had a 9mm-wide steering belt (currently 15mm), and some setups may have a V1 or V2 Intermediate Shaft (currently V3).
The following additional parts (not included in the conversion kit) will bring the converted swerve module to the current MK4i Swerve Module setup:
Details regarding the differences between the above setups are here.
If you just need the converted swerve module to be updated with the 15mm-wide steering belt, then the following additional parts (not included in the conversion kit) are needed (reuses the FR6ZZ-10.25mmID Bearing and V1 or V2 Intermediate Shaft from the MK4 Swerve Module being converted):